Did you know that some of the industry s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is the care of the patient is our reason for existence. What s yours?
The Dialysis Hospital Services Charge Nurse is responsible for the supervision of nursing personnel in our acute hemodialysis unit in order to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality optimal outcomes.Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the Clinical Supervisor/Nurse Manager the scheduling of patients to ensure accommodations of all patients; matching patient needs with staff capabilities and experiences to maximize staffing resources
- Prepares and monitors the equipment used for intermittent or continuous hemodialysis and water treatment in the acute setting, including performing quality control checks.
- Performs and provides pre, intra, and post documentation of acute patient assessments. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding patient care delivered.
- Initiates, monitors and terminates dialysis treatments via all accesses in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Administers medications as ordered within the scope of their license and provides documentation of administration and result of medication.
- Accurately receives, transcribes and implements written and verbal orders from physicians.
- Accepts phone lab diagnostic reports, interprets and forwards the information to the physician as necessary.
- Acts as a preceptor for new staff as assigned.
- A degree from an accredited Registered Nursing Program
- 6 months dialysis experience required
- Experience in critical care nursing preferred
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must possess and maintain current license in the state as a Registered Nurse
- Maintain certification in CPR
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] or 615-###-####. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
Associated topics: ambulatory, intensive, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, registered nurse, transitional, unit