- Coordinate and steward relationships with Shareholders for finance related services provided to Companyas well as external third party services provider's such as banks, professional Tax, Accounting and IT firms. Ensure resolution of conflicts with counterparties as necessary.
- Accountable for annual Work Program and Budgeting process for all Company entities; directly responsible for managing and stewarding Business Services budgets; approve expenditures and changes. Ensure budgets comply with regulations and requirements for each entity and develop portions of Board packages.
- Accountable for Company tax returns and reporting related to property taxes, abatements, annual assessments, IRS partnership returns, state taxes, sales and use tax, excise state and federal taxes. Interface with government agencies and auditors, as appropriate.
- Accountable for financial analysis, reporting, and research; development of monthly and annual audited financial statements and reports. Ensure compliance with US GAAP, FERC requirements, and attest to Internal Controls effectiveness.
- Accountable for Shareholder, external, internal or regulatory audits and assessments. Identify high risk processes in the organization and develop mitigation for such risks
- Provide Controls advice to the Company and help maintain a controls oriented culture, including financial authority investigations of irregularities or material deviations from Controls Report findings and recommendations to Senior Leadership Team and Board
- Establish and direct a shareholder financial services committee to obtain shareholder consensus on financial and tax issues / treatment of specific issues and compliance, as appropriate.
- Master's degree in Finance or MBA preferred; some technical/information systems
- 15-20+ years' experience in financial, tax, accounting / analysis and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of US and state taxes, US GAAP financial concepts, financial and FERCreporting requirements
- Effective cash management, banking and credit support knowledge
- Strong knowledge of cost effective controls
- Negotiating skills
- Highly analytical including the ability to understand and implement contract provisions
- Project and time management skills
- Experience in the US Regulated Natural Gas Pipeline industry is required.
- Risk Management responsibilities within a natural gas trading environment
Associated topics: accounting, analyst, audit, banking, equity trading, expense, finance director, financial controller, tax, treasure